Program Grants are designed to fund exceptional initiatives during the school year that fall outside of the regular school budget. BEF will support projects from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. While there is no set limit to the amount of funding an applicant may request, there is an expectation that the greater the amount requested, the more details the program description and budget will contain. Funding is subject to availability and comparison with other grant applications. To the extent the BEF receives more worthwhile proposals in a cycle then it is able to fund, it may encourage resubmission for another funding cycle. Program grants are not intended to fund regular professional or curriculum development within the purview of the School Department, including graduate courses.
Preference will be given to those proposals which:
- Display innovative/creative educational ideas and programs
- Enrich or enhance existing educational programs
- Include clearly defined goals, activities and outcomes
- Benefit the greatest number of students
- Have the potential for benefits exceeding more than one school year
- Have the potential for benefiting more than one school
- Integrate curriculum areas and promote collaboration among educators, students, parents and the community.